Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Home


After more than twenty hours of flying, I am home. I am jet lagged and nocturnal, darker skinned, and slightly heavier than before I left. Life as I know it, has changed. I am still having trouble feeling grounded these days. As Jackie put it, the "real unpacking" has yet to begin.

I have yet to sort out all that has occurred in the last two months. When people ask me how Vietnam was, I simply respond with "intense" because there is no other word I could possibly think of that would sum up my experiences in Sai Gon. Jimmy said I had the full experience of studying abroad - something eye opening, something educational, and something exciting. In fact, I feel blessed to have many of each.

I will continue to write in this blog as those thoughts come to me. Eventually, I will post videos of some of the homes I've seen and my adventures. I believe this journal has mostly chronicled my thoughts on Vietnam, but the full meaning of all that has occurred has yet to reveal itself. Someday, I will look back on this summer as the two months that changed the way I look at the world, my friends, and myself.

To life, love, and happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've put it beautifully and perfectly. All I can say is that I know exactly how you feel, but maybe a little more lost.