Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Plans

There were some things I wanted to take care of before I left for Vietnam, but they never got resolved. It's not to say that they won't be resolved in the future, because ultimately, nothing lasts forever and these ideas will work their way out over time. One way or another, unresolved issues will always return to the forefront of our consciousness, whether we want them to or not.

"...you cannot hide from yourself," Anh Hung said. Even if the statement had nothing to do with me at the time, it struck a cord. I am on the cusp of something both dangerous and beautiful, something that I can't hide from, even if I travel half-way across the globe to hide among the masses of a bustling, polluted city. Some things never change no matter where you are.

No comments: